Fashion fades, only style remains the same” - COCO CHANEL
This collection will be based on the 1940’s power dressing and the structure of art deco to help you form constructed garments for your collections.
· You will need to research trends forecasting and designers to ensure your designs are within trends of AW12
· Research high street trends and garments to enable you to understand and have the knowledge of garment construction and production.
· Think about fastenings, embellishment, finishing of garments, labels etc.
- SEASON: Autumn / Winter 2012.
- MOOD / LOOK: This will be a dark and strong collection taking elements from 1940’s power dressing and art deco, it needs to show structure, power and strength within each outfit that will have an impact on people’s perception, using fringing in different scales throughout the collection.
- AIMED AT: Higher end high street stores for women aged between 18-35 yrs who live, sleep and dream fashion.
- CUSTOMERS: Topshop, River Island, Lipsy, ASOS, Diesel, Oasis, Republic, All Saints, DKNY, French Connection.
- TECHNIQUES/PROCESS: The processes used will be construction and slight embroidery.
- NUMBER / TYPE OF GARMENTS: To produce a strong collection that will consist of 6 outfits ranging from Dresses, short, tops, legging, trouser, jacket and a cape.
- COLOUR: My colour story is strong and dark to have more of an impact on garments and construction.
- FABRIC: Mixture of Sheer Black Fabrics (Satin Silk, Power netting, soft organza and lycra)